Maria is an award-winning lawyer and the Principal of Rigoli Lawyers. She brings more than 30 years of experience to the team and specialises in complex family law disputes. She is proud to have created a firm that has the best interests of clients in mind. Bringing together a team of legal experts who really care, comfort and advise clients in what can be a vulnerable and emotional time in their lives.
Maria is a Family Law Specialist, who has been accredited by the Law Institute of Victoria. In 2016 she won the Law Institute Victoria Suburban Lawyer of the Year Award and was a finalist for Regional/Suburban Lawyer of the Year for the 2020 Australian Law Awards.
Maria’s qualifications and memberships include:
- Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria (since 1991)
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of Australia (since 1992)
- Member of the Victorian Lawyers Recognised Professional Association
- Lawyer Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of the Family Law section of The Law Institute of Victoria.
- Past member on the Referral Panel and Simplified Grants Panel (Family Law), Victoria Legal Aid
- Past Legal Expert on the 3MP Advice Line run by the Law Institute of Victoria
- Past member (and volunteer solicitor) on numerous Community Legal Centres in the Melbourne Metropolitan Area
- Past member of The Lawyer’s Panel, Relationships Australia
- Expert author with Ezines
- Copywriter and general commercial writer
- Family Law Specialist Accredited by the Law Institute of Victoria.