Consent Orders and Parenting Plans Victoria

When children are involved in a separation, their wellbeing is the top priority. The process of applying for divorce can be stressful enough, but when you add children into the mix it can complicate matters and heighten emotions.


Our lawyers can help arrange Consent Orders and Parenting Plans in Victoria to make your separation run as smooth as possible for you and your children.

complex family lawyer family trust

Consent Orders and Parenting Plans in Victoria

When it comes to making arrangements for a child’s wellbeing after a separation, there are a few ways to go about it. The first is simply a verbal agreement between two parents. If both parties are content to sort out custody between themselves on an ongoing basis they are completely within their rights to do so.


For those who wish to remain open and flexible, but would prefer to have something in writing so that both parties know where they stand, a Parenting Plan could be a suitable option. 


Parenting Plans can be written by the parents themselves and just need to be dated and signed. While this isn’t a court order and therefore not legally binding, it does help to provide consistency for the children and gives a clear plan for the future.


If remaining flexible and having open communication between the parents isn’t possible, a Consent Order may need to come into effect. Our experienced lawyers can assist you with preparing a Consent Order for Family Court. Once approved, these orders are binding and if the agreement within is contravened by either party, the other party can apply for a Contravention Application.

Other children’s matters we can assist with include:

  • Contested Court hearings.
  • Residence agreements.
  • Dispute resolution, including custody disputes, paternity disputes, and visitation disputes.
  • Child abduction.
  • Child support.

We can help

Though approaching children’s matters can seem daunting, our goal is to help make the process run as smooth as possible for the child. Our experienced lawyers can assist parents who can’t agree on what’s best for the child by mediating negotiations and providing a solicitor if need be. 


Contact us if you have any questions regarding Consent Orders and Parenting Plans for Victorian families, or have any other questions regarding children’s matters during a separation.


If you would like to know more about our family law services take advantage of our half hour legal consults. They can be done in person or via Skype or telephone conference. 


Call 03 8742 3199 or enquire via the button below to make a booking.

As of 31 March 2023, Rigoli Lawyers was acquired by Michael Benjamin & Associates and many staff and clients joined the team at Michael Benjamin & Associates. Rigoli Lawyers is now incorporated within Michael Benjamin & Associates.